If you have gained an insight into the SEO world, you would have come across the word “backlinks” several times. For those new to the SEO industry, you might wonder what backlinks are and how essential they are for the success of websites.In short, a Backlink indicates a link from another site to your website. These are also known as inbound links and their number indicates the popularity of the website. Backlinks are considered as votes by search engines: more the number of votes (backlinks) your website has, and based on the importance of websites linking back to yours, your site is assigned a trust rank.Backlinks today are an important part of the SEO process because when you build quality backlinks, your website stands a higher chance of getting indexed faster by the search engines. Also, from the long term perspective, it will help in boosting quality traffic to your site. Apart from this, building backlinks serves your bottom-line of website visibility by improving your page ranking and ultimately your ranking in the search engines.Additionally, it is not just enough to have lots of backlinks, but, it’s also the quality of backlinks that helps in achieving a better ranking in search engines. When calculating the relevance of a website to a particular keyword, search engines usually take into consideration the number of quality backlinks to that website.Search engines like Google give a lot of importance to websites that contain more number of quality backlinks and also consider those websites as more relevant when compared to others in search results.A backlink is considered as a quality link if:a) It links back to your site with the keyword which you are optimizing for.b) The website linking back to yours has the same theme as your website – this means that when your website contains an inbound link from another site, and that site has content related to your website, this inbound link will be considered as more relevant to your website. However, if this inbound link comes from a site that is totally unrelated to your site content, then it is considered as a less relevant backlink. Therefore, higher the relevancy of backlinks, the greater will be their quality.For instance, if you have a website about furniture and you receive an inbound link from another website also containing furniture, then this backlink will be considered more relevant and of higher quality when compared to a backlink from a florist website.Today, search engines watch out for websites that build quality backlinks slowly over time. Though it is quite easy to maneuver links on webpage’s in order to attain a high ranking, it is much tougher to manipulate search engines with inbound links from other sites. This is also one of the reasons for backlinks gaining increased importance in search engine algorithms. Recently, search engines assessment for quality backlinks has become even tougher as there are many webmasters out there who make use of unethical techniques and deceive search engines to attain a higher ranking. These techniques are not only illegitimate but can also lead to your site getting banned.Lastly, building quality backlinks could be a very time consuming and tedious process requiring a lot of patience, efforts, and also funds. However, it is a crucial step in creating blogs or any website since the quality and relevancy of backlinks can determine the success or failure of the site. Therefore, it is very important that you prioritize this in your SEO activity and hire professional SEO experts to whom you can outsource this task and achieve a better search engine ranking.
Importance of Backlinks | SEO Traffic Spider
- Getting discounts on powerful SEO too... — Article Marketing Laptop, also referred to as AMR is definitely one of the most astounding applications that is being used by people who are genuinely interested in getting top notch Website positioning. It is regarded as as anyone of the smartest program for article. However before we tell something more about Article Marketing Laptop, you [...]
- Acls Algorithms Are Core Of Acls Cour... — ACLS course comprises of ACLS algorithms which are too learn by heart in order to pass the written examination followed by practical exam to get ACLS protocol certification. ACLS algorithms mainly deals on increasing your knowledge on how to deal with patients in emergency ACLS protocol certification involves study of ACLS algorithms, which are: Respirators [...]
- Google SEO Tools — There may be an art in creation of internet pages that can rank the web page excessive in any search engine return. Search Engine Optimization or website positioning is this art that accomplishes this goal by optimizing key ‘parts’ or sections in HTML coding of every web page. These sections are in flip learn by [...]
- Tactics For Small Businesses Trying T... — While the nation is still recovering from the recession, small companies everywhere are trying to find new and effective ways to bring people in and tempt them to spend their earnings. With people still being thrifty with their money and not really spending what they did in the past, it’s essential to get their ear, [...]
- Cutting Edge Local Search Engine Opti... — Mike Ramsey, affiliate of Nifty marketing, showcased his research. He used local search ranking factors for both highly ranked and low ranked listings. Right before he described his findings, he mentioned that it is not a guarantee to get the prime spot in ranking. To quote him up, he said, “correlation does not equal causation.” [...]