SAP is an acronym for “System Application & Products” whose function is to create a centralized database for all possible applications within an organization. SAP has been designed with such a versatility way that it efficiently handles and effectively coordinates all functional departments. It needs to be noted that today major companies including Microsoft and IBM are using SAP products to run their own businesses.SAP products are generally focused on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and its applications are built around R/3 system which provides the expertise to manage product operations, cost accounting, assets, materials and personnel. The R/3 system of SAP runs on majority of platforms including windows 2000 and it uses the client/sever model.SAP NetWeaver is the most recent technology introduced into the market by SAP. SAP products are primarily aimed at large organizations which mainly comprises of Fortune 500 companies and is arguably the number one choice for ERP system worldwide. SAP has software solutions called SAP Business One (SAP B1) and SAP all in one which are mainly created for small and mid sized organizations. SAP products are used by more than 75,000 customers worldwide and in more than 120 countries and the numbers are constantly increasing. As the world’s leading provider of business software, SAP delivers products and services that help accelerate business innovation for business people. The phenomenal growth of SAP is due to their technology of innovation, co-innovation with customers and partners. Despite stiff and growing competition from Oracle, Baan, JD Edwards and more recently from Microsoft, SAP has managed to retain its market share and be the market leader. SAP ERP solutions provide a reliable means to integrate all these information systems thereby improving process efficiency and operational productivity. The distinct advantage of SAP solutions is that they are up-gradable and can also be customized according to the evolving business requirements of any business house. Today SAP solutions have become almost indispensable for international businesses as almost half of the world’s Fortune1000 companies have implemented ERP solutions from SAP. This proprietary enterprise resource planning software conveniently automates the entire transactions of an enterprise. Presently SAP has the expertise to implement ERP solutions in more than twenty-five different industry verticals. SAP has a growing demand in the emerging markets of Asia and Africa and several small and medium enterprises have realized that implementing SAP not only helps manage day to day operations efficiently but it also sharpens business insight by providing real time access to timely information. SAP R/3 solutions is capable of running on several databases Oracle, ADABAS, Informix, DB2/400, Microsoft SQL Server 6.0. With its latest offering my SAP, the company intends to get a stranglehold grip in the enterprise software market. Its future business strategy is to introduce existing ERP customers to mySAP. mySAP has helped the company obtain considerable market share through e- business applications like mySap Customer Relationship Management, mySAP Supply Chain Management, and mySAP Product Lifecycle Management.During recent times, the ongoing demand for persons skilled in SAP technologies is growing at a rapid pace according to Foote Partners LLC, an analyst firm in Vero Beach, Fla., that tracks pay rates for IT jobs. The salary for SAP persons is rising particularly for those with skills centered on SAP’s latest NetWeaver platform. A distinction should however be made between SAP employees and the SAP consultants who work with the vendor’s partners. “As a result of the strong demand and market uptake for SAP solutions, there is a corresponding increased demand for IT consultants with SAP skills. We are actively working with our partners to build the pipeline to meet this demand,” – a SAP spokesperson said.
Increasing Demand for Sap ERP System
- SAP : Which sap is SAP? — SAP : Which sap is SAP? I got training in SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system years ago when it was on a mainframe platform – version R/2. At that time the Germans who came to the US to teach, emphasized that the name was “S, A, P”. They were aware of the negative connotations [...]
- An Introduction to SAP Modules and Al... — Every company has some departments, and it is fundamental to integrate every of these sections to work uniformly. SAP software integrates all internal operations by means of various modules. The advanced SAP technology enables R/3 to deal with business management works throughout every of the segments of the organization. Any change in the organisational structure [...]
- Data Warehousing and Sap Bw — The basic criteria for the formation of data warehousing is to scrutinize data from diverse sources while taking decision-making. The objective of data warehousing is to scrutinize data from diverse sources to support decision making. Poor Performance Generally, data warehouse refers to storage of numerous data in it. It is not a quick process to [...]
- What Does SAP Stand For and Why You S... — SAP (which represents Systems, Applications, and Products), is a world-wide database system that was created more than 30 yrs ago by a group of IBM staffs in Germany. The system has made notoriety not solely for its usefulness, but because it is so general that not a single somebody entirely can appear to describe or [...]
- Relational Database Management System... — Basically SAP, an enterprise application is made up of programs together with the data used and formed by programs. The data are organized in a meaningful way within the database, making it easy for the programs to access and find the data necessary to do something useful like run a financial report or create a [...]